Since 2001, Boulder Associates has worked with Clinica Family Health Services on developing this site, which began as a strip mall. Through several renovation and addition projects to this nationally recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home, Clinica has focused on responding to a growing need for healthcare services in the surrounding community.
The most recent project included a 12,745 s.f. addition of the following: a pharmacy, three added dental operatories, space for four future dental operatories, four group visit exam rooms, and a waiting room and staff lounge area. Renovations of 7,920 s.f. included the expansion of three existing pods and two new pods, including dental.
- Use of natural light in nursing and patient areas
- Lighting and temperature control
- 100% Energy Star rated equipment and appliances
- Low-emitting materials
- 74% of wood is FSC-certified
- Campus-wide green-cleaning program
- Clinica Health’s facility innovation for efficiency
- Lessons from the Trenches – A High-Functioning Primary Care Clinic
- Boulder Associates’ Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home Projects
- Study of Small Medical Home Practices Finds Fewer ER Visits
- Design Considerations for Collaborative Care
- Does my clinic space have to change to make the Patient Centered Medical Home work?