This 18,145 s.f. clinic includes a lab, dental facilities, a pharmacy, and a Women, Infants, and Children’s center, which contains two exam pods and 18 exam rooms. The expansive lobby showcases a vaulted ceiling with exposed timber, creating an inviting space for patients and their families. Sun shades have been incorporated to ensure the lobby won’t receive excessive amounts of direct sunlight during the day.
The Boulder Associates project team utilized a comprehensive lean "3P" process and maximized efficiency on this project. The pod arrangement facilitates staff communication, allowing teams to share information quickly in an open office environment. The clinical space was designed so that a direct line of sight could be maintained out to registration and the waiting room, allowing staff to easily monitor patient flow. These design solutions catered to Denver Health's model of collaborative team care, and helped it achieve NCQA PCMH Level 3 recognition.
- Boulder Associates’ Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home Projects
- Does my clinic space have to change to make the Patient Centered Medical Home work?
- Study of Small Medical Home Practices Finds Fewer ER Visits
- Design Considerations for Collaborative Care
- Lean Design in Healthcare Facilities