This 73,600 s.f. facility offers extensive clinical services to a vulnerable populations in the community. Its programs include family dental, wellness & preventative care, and diagnostic imaging. Both the Denver Health Plan Clinic and the La Mariposa Community Health Center are located within this building. The clinic, like several others in the Denver Health network, is an NCQA PCMH Level 3-recognized practice.
The center blends with other Denver Health buildings, and incorporates a number of sustainable design features and locally manufactured materials. Boulder Associates helped develop the initial open practice pod concept for the project and participated in a physical mock-up program for the typical rooms used. Boulder Associates teamed with local artist Tony Ortega to integrate art by local school children into the project, providing La Mariposa patients, as well as others visiting the building, with a connection to the fabric of the community.
- Reflective roofing (to reduce cooling load)
- Locally manufactured materials including brick, roof insulation, and casework
- Locally harvested materials including concrete and asphalt components as well as brick and gypsum
- Outdoor light pollution reduction
- Bicycle racks and showers for employees
- Cotton fiber insulation and ceiling tiles made with rapidly renewable resources